Wednesday, April 4, 2012

3 Ways to Boost Your Smoothies

Here's just a couple of ways I like to add some extra goodness to my smoothies (green smoothies and otherwise).
  1. When you steam your veggies, don't throw out the water! Put the water in ice cube trays and use these cubes in your smoothies. It's a nice way to not lose the water-soluble vitamins from your veggies. All of my ice cube trays are now filled with various cubes of green, orange, and white.
  2. Add a spoonful of coconut oil. Benefits of coconut oil here. (I should do a whole post on this stuff. It's amazing, and not just for eating...)
  3. Add some chia seed gel (which you make by soaking chia seeds in a bit of water). More about chia seeds here.

Do all three! I'm sure if you googled it, you could find more ideas, but that's good for now.

2 comments:

Robin said...

I love coconut oil and Chia seeds!
And I love your blog. :-)

Sarah said...

Aw, thanks Robin! :) I love yours too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...